June 08, 2020 at 6:11am | Jeff Hallman
Freddie Mac’s chief economist notes, “...all signs continue to point to a solid recovery in home sales activity heading into the summer as prospective buyers jump back into the market.”

In fact, the Mortgage Bankers Association reported purchase applications rose for the seventh week in a row, spiking 18% over last year,  citing “pent-up demand from home buyers returning to the market.”
Realtor.com’s chief economist chimes in: “We're seeing more homebuyers in the market than we did this time last year."  She adds: "It's shaping up to be a hotter-than-expected summer in the housing market."

NICE JOBS... A stunning, totally unexpected May jobs report did a nice job boosting stocks, as investors saw the start of economic recovery and scurried to make sure they didn't miss out  on the bargains available.
After economists predicted the LOSS of another 7.5 million jobs in May, everyone was blown away by the GAIN (!!!) of 2.5 million Nonfarm Payrolls . And instead of rising to a forecast 19.0%, the May Unemployment Rate fell to 13.3%.
Some said full recovery is still a long way off but admitted it's begun. Weekly jobless claims are down nine weeks straight,  while ISM Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing indexes both rose.

The week ended with the Dow UP 6.8%, to 27,111; the S&P 500 UP 4.9%, to 3,194; and the Nasdaq UP 3.4%, to 9,814.

Bonds retreated on the signs of economic recovery. The UMBS 3.5% ended down 0.14, to $105.36. In Freddie Mac's weekly Primary Mortgage Market Survey, the national average 30-year fixed mortgage rate barely edged up. Remember, mortgage rates can be extremely volatile, so check with your mortgage professional for up-to-the-minute information.
DID YOU KNOW?... Open houses have been on pause, but a new survey by the National Association of Realtors found 65% of those who attended an open house in the past year would do so now without hesitation.

INFLATION MUTE, BUT WHAT WILL THE FED SAY?... The CPI (Consumer Price Index) and the wholesale PPI (Producer Price Index) should show inflation stays quiet. Though no rate hike is expected, all ears will be listening to the Fed’s take on the economy after it meets Wednesday for the latest F OMC Rate Decision.
NOTE: Weaker economic data tends to send bond prices up and interest rates down, while positive data points to lower bond prices and higher loan rates.

Forecasting Federal Reserve policy changes in coming months... Even after last week's encouraging data, full economic recovery is far enough off that Fed watchers expect no rate hikes for the foreseeable future. Note: In the lower chart, a 9% probability of change is a 91% certainty the rate will stay the same.
Current Fed Funds Rate: 0%-0.25%

Jun 10  0.00%-0.25%
Jul 29  0.00%-0.25%
Sep 16 0.00%-0.25%
Probability of change from current policy:
Jun 10      9%
Jul 29      9%
Sep 16     9%
  Darel Ansley Darel Ansley
Senior Real Estate Loan Officer
NMLS# 500247

901 North Mission Street
Wenatchee, WA 98801
Office: (509) 664-5324
Mobile: (509) 860-3301
Fax: (509) 664-5315
  Peoples Bank


You message has been sent!

Send us a Message

You agree to receive automated promotional messages from AGENT509 | Keller Williams Realty regarding real estate information and education.Click here for terms and privacy policy. Message frequency varies. To opt out of receiving messages from me, text STOP to cancel. Reply HELP for help. Message and data rates may apply.